2005-05-01

Slashdot | Firefox 1.1 Plans Native SVG Support

Time for me to learn SVG!
Would make an interesting backend for Minucaus.
I still need to look into SVG's animation capabilities, but perhaps I could do it with 100% XSLT (SVG is XML), and drop my effort to make a Flash-output engine using Ming.
That would mean that auxillary caching maybe could be left as-is (it should barely work in 0.0.4, if not with a small fix), because SVG can be right in XHTML.
Then again, perhaps I should continue support for auxillary caching by making a simple test engine that utilises it. People are welcome to write a Ming/Flash engine even if I don't; a proper auxillary caching API will make it easy.

In other Minucaus news, I can't seem to decide what criteria I will use to determine when 0.1.0 is ready for tagging and tarball release.
Following the Linux numbering scheme, I am thinking of calling 0.0.5 0.1.5, and 0.1.0 0.2.0. But maybe not. Maybe I'll wait until 1.0.0 to do that. Yeah, cuz then what would 0.3.x be? I'm not going to split my development into stable and unstable anytime soon.
I also think that phpDocumentor stuff will wait till 0.1.x. A decent README should suffice for 0.1.0.
I am also thinking that for 0.x.1, 0.x.2, etc the only file release will be a patch from 0.x.0 and the previous version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home