2004-09-21

bus mess, star wars

Today was a Z day. Therefore, I did not have to be in until 0949. I decided to take the last bus, at 0744. It did not pick me up until 0755. Then I was almost sure I would miss the 0840 train, as the bus was scheduled to be in at 0835. However, we started to catch up as we went along the Taconic and the Sprain. Then trouble started again. 287 was backed up a good way into the Sprain. The bus driver decided to get off at the next exit and work his way on side roads to 119. When we reached the end of the exit 5 ramp (where we normally would have gotten off.), it seemed feasible that I would make it if I ran. Then, when we stopped at a red, the bus driver started talking with the dirver of a #3, out the door. This is what made the difference. Keily called and was wondering where I was. I told him quickly, then hung up. I walked to the front of the bus so I could get out first. I thought about asking to be let off in the tunnel directly beneath the platform, where their are stairs up, but I didn't. I was the first off the bus and ran as fast as I could, but was probably a bit too cautious crossing. As I was running into the station, I heard the ticket guy saying stuff about the train (stuff like, take this to crestwood for local service south of there.). Old guys were going really slow up the escalator, so I took the stairs by two (or was it three? I tend to do that when i have enough adrenaline.) Since the guy was still announcing, I thought the doors must still be open. When I was high enough to see, they were closed. I kept running, but once I opened the door, the train was already moving. I then said something along the lines of "F*CK! D*mn bus." under my breath (or maybe it was audible). Keily called me when I was still out of breath saying the doors closed right before he saw me. I guess it was meant to be. I ended up on two M7s with many other FP students. I missed out on a chance to get a free very small bible (I thought was propoganda.) at the gate. There was no chocolate milk (should have gotten yoohoo at white plains.), so I walked up and heard the warning bell while still on the stairs.
The day was pretty good altogether. Better than the Page/Arca problem yesterday. I hope Lanahan is nice with grading.

Star wars is out on DVD.

I will start a "bus log" of people on the bus in the afternoon.

(all times EDT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home