2004-10-10

first photos

Star Wars Trilogy: 4 DVD Set

Top three downsides:

  • It is very big and hard to conceal.
  • Since it is supposed to be very similar to a traditional camera, the way it works does not allow it to take short videos as many cheaper digital cameras can.
  • The camera is useless without the zoom lens, making its size even larger. Without the lens, the mirror is exposed.
Aside from that, there isn't much I don't like. Image quality is excellent. There are a ton of options for picture taking. The dirver works well, on Windows.
I still need to get a Linux driver, and I would like to learn more about the various modes available so I can do cooler stuff. One I already discovered is a replacement for video. It takes a picture every X seconds as long as button is pressed.
Anyway, this camera is alot better than my last one. Best of all it was free.

Oh yeah memory stick story: The doods who my dad won the camera from said they included a 128MB CF card. Well, it didn't. I found a good memory stick on NewEgg (they also had better 256MB cards, but more $$$). My dad was in a good mood so he got one for $40 (yet not as good) at a nearby store, where he also purchased the subject of the above image. He said he wanted a better one too so maybe I can get him to buy this awesome thing, or maybe something larger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home