2004-11-10

a bunch of stuff

Slashdot | Gmail Adds POP3 To Email Accounts - i guess the IPO didn't ruin them
I don't have it yet, but I'm hoping they are doing it by tiers

firefox 1.0 is out. there is no longer any reason for anyone to not use it (aside from maybe the lack of a mail client (fear not!-thunderbird is coming))

I ordered the HsR DVD today.

Slashdot | Microsoft To Launch Homegrown Search Engine
interesting...it indexes the PDG forums well. it's only the tech preview...so it's retardation "feature" has yet to be added

Today's AM commute was really strange. So my dad wakes me up mad early. I take my time, realizing I have lots of time. Then as I am nearing completion, he's like "hurry up i gotta make an early train" So I rushed to try to make the 6:38 out of NWP. I was pretty sure I was going to miss it though.
So anyway we were about to get on the highway, and then it hit me. IT WAS A LATE START! I got my dad to let me off right before the entrance, and I walked home. I got on the last bus...it was late. 287 was backed up, so we went beyond.
As we were approaching the station, we were "racing" the train (i could see it). i was contemplating asking to be left off under the station. we got stuck at the light right before it. while we were waiting the train left.
So I walked slowly to the train and waited a while for the next train. I got on a train pushed by desil locomotive #215 (mfr by General Electric) and driven by control car #6301 (mfr by bomberadier). The car i was in was one of the newer ones (with doors in the middle). The seats are similar to those in an M-1,2,3. They had handles on one side. The conductor control panel is mad awesome:
comet car conductor control panel
(i made that in MS paint in like 3 seconds)
It's pretty self-explanatory, but: Red light is on if there are any doors open. Green light(s) are on if those doors are locked and ready (but they are only on if that panel is activated by key). If the doors are open and the OPEN button is pressed, the bell is rung until the doors are closed. I'm not sure what the test light is for. I thought there was a PA there, but I guess not. These panels are at EVERY door.
We were on time for school.

Other minor note-8271 and 8270 are the best cars...EVER!

Finally, this blog will probably be moving from here either over thanksgiving or later. all data will be 100% preserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home