2004-12-01

Bee Line sucks, part I

They left me in the rain for 45 minutes.
OK, so I go to meet the 6:54 bus this morning. I get there a bit before 6:45.
The first thing I noticed was the 6:40 #10 bus: it was the same sort of bus as the #77 always (every time I've been on it) is, when normally #10 is usually one of the buses closer to city-style (single-piece, and I think no back door). Someone else was getting on at my stop, and I was about to get on it before I realized it said it was going to Croton. I just figured those on that run of the #10 just got lucky.
I went outside to wait right around 6:50 (in case if a miracle occurs which actually causes it to be early). Around 7:00 I saw both a Lakeland bus picking up LHS kids and another #10 (again, a different kind of bus. This started suspicion.), the 6:59. At 7:19, when the next #77 was scheduled to show up, it still wasn't there, so I decided to call home. My mother came to pick me up at 7:30, and neither bus had shown up.
Traffic was heavy, but I still hoped to make an 8:09 train out of NWP. As we went along, I realized it was the first in the month, and I then remembered when there was talk of cancelling the #77. I remembered it was sometime in the winter that the state's guarantee of support ran out. Turns out it was January, I'm pretty sure. (There sure is more excitement to come!) Another thing I realized was that the bus driver yesterday afternoon (I was on the 4:55 out of the TransCenter; since I had stayed late after school for the NYML competition.) seemed in a very bad mood, but that could have been normal, since it wasn't my regular bus. Neither he nor the bus driver yesterday morning said anything. The other thing that haunted me was the #10 busses. Were they awarded the 10's because we had been cancelled?
I arrived in White Plains just a little to late for the 8:09. I'm kind of glad I did, because the next train was scheduled to arrive just before 2nd period. I asked the news stand guy if he knew of major Bee Line changes, but he didn't know. Everything was normal on the train. It was windy and rainy on the way from the station to school, and I ended up getting completely soaked.
Tune in next time for the exciting conclusion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home