2004-10-16

cool logo and pinko annoying bragger

CURSE (image has current score)
Allright now this is just plain cool.
I code it all by myself. I'll show the code once I clean it up a bit to work on any game. I will just be manually changing the day it gets the score for until the end of the World Series. After that, you may even be able to just pass a team code or something simple like that.

Conversation with m1k32k3 at 2004-10-16 22:43:17 on chrs0589 (aim)
(22:43:17) Pinko: yay! ive been appointed head of opertaions at the open house for the pdg display
(22:43:17) Chris : Let's go Yankees.
Red Sox ****.
I am watching the game.
CLICK HERE (to see/download/use better version of my buddy icon)
CLICK HERE (for a pic with an automatically updating score)
ALCS: Yankees 2; Red Sox 0.
Let's sweep 'em!
(22:44:32) Chris:
***
(22:44:38) Pinko: jealous
(22:44:40) Chris: my sig is best
(22:44:51) Pinko: yes, i like it
(22:44:53) Chris: i;m not an arca suck up such as urself
(22:45:02) Pinko: how did i suck up, he imed me
(22:45:38) Chris: u did in the past
(22:46:10) Pinko: ??
(22:46:51) Pinko: or is this about my mad awesome cell phone?
(22:47:14) Chris: i have a better camera
(22:47:18) Chris: why be jealous
(22:47:29) Pinko: u did nothing to get that camera
(22:47:29) Chris: ,my cell phone problyu has better service anyway
(22:47:38) Pinko: i had to get confirmed to get my camera
(22:47:42) Pinko: no, im on gsm of america
(22:47:47) Pinko: and mine can do awesome things
(22:47:53) Pinko: plus// it has a color screen
(22:47:54) Chris: WTF IS THAT

(22:47:59) Chris: oooh ahh special
(22:48:02) Chris: i dont give a
****
(22:48:06) Pinko: lol
(22:48:11) Chris: i jsut want to be able to talk clearly
(22:48:13) Chris: everywhere
(22:48:18) Chris: and i do
(22:48:24) Pinko: you definatly must be jealous if youre gettin so mad, lol
(22:48:26) Chris: oh yeah and be able to drop my phone
(22:48:30) Chris: and it still works
(22:48:33) Chris: and in toilet
(22:48:36) Chris: and stilll works
It all goes downhill from there, basically him bragging about bells and whilstles that are either unimportant, rarely used, or cost extra.

OK, well here's a very high level synopsis of it (you don't need to see the whole thing to understand, because if you did, you'd probably think the unimportant stuff is more important than it is)
OK, so he was stating that he got the position from arca. I said it was "gay" and here is why:
  • Pinko sucked up to get it. There was no merit involved.
  • Being in control of the open house really doesn't bring any benefits.
  • Arcane appointmens are having less and less meaning. (like the word play?)
I then pointed out my signature, because I did work on it and was proud of it. It wasn't easy to dissect the MLB site's scoreboard.
Then this is really the part where the annoyingness starts. He jumps to the conclusion that I let one event change my handling of a completely unrelated one. A PDG event and his cell phone have nothing to do with each other. It is an unjust and unfounded accusation of mine. The rest of the conversation I now see is unnecessary. Whether or not his cell phone/coverage are better than mine is not important.
I still maintain that mine is better in all fields other than bells and whistles, and the fact that his has Jabber support (although i have a feeling he has to pay extra), which is indeed cool.
The only reason the camera was brought up was just to show that the net jealousness level would be more on his side (assuming all people are equally jealous, which is obviosly not true based on the unusually high level of pinko).
OK and then the "GSM of America" cockiness. For some reason, when I said I had better service, he instantly replied that crap. Just because he's been brainwashed with their good service ads and that its better and bla bla, doesn't mean its any better than anything else (I guess Virgin Mobile was worse, so in his mind, theis AT&T stuff is amazing). THen there is also the use of the name "GSM of America" by itself without specifying AT&T. AT&T does have a history of making up mobile names to disassociate them with itself. (Remember the mysterious "mLife" ads a few Super Bowls ago?) Anyhow, the name makes it sounds like its part of the government, whether or not you know what GSM is. Second, GSM is not specific to AT&T. Obviosly he probably thought this because of their brainwashing. My tri-mode phone can do GSM as well.

Bottom line here is that he was accusing me wrongly of letting jealousy (which was non-existant anyway) change my actions on another matter.
Well I've got news: It doesn't! (I dare all readers to prove this wrong and post a comment)

PS: It was very rude of him to interrupt my viewing pleasure of the 2004 ALCS Game 3.

PS2: Cell phones or other such things that are aquired by wealth alone aren't really things that I think should be bragged about anyway. Simply because wealth (especially among minors) is largely due to fortune. Other things that are done through work or other form of merit, and not just how much money you have are better suited for bragging, if you are the sort of person that brags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home