2005-09-28

Woah that was fast; eNom knows of the transfer

I was just checking to see if eNom still considered ctengel.net to be "resold," and I noticed that their whois (in the global registry, it's still ACTIVE) says ctengel.net is PENDINGTRANSFER. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming it's a "status" also used in the global registry and is therefore probably well-documented. (Global registry/whois database last updated Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:08:32 EDT. That's similar to yesterday, so I'm guessing that at 2AM it will also update; seems like a thing done everyday at around 2 AM&PM EDT.)
OK so let me look up PENDINGTRANSFER...
OK, so pretty much PENDINGTRANSFER is a status that IS put into the global registry for .net (i think) right away, but does not usualy show up in usual public WHOIS. It means that it is impossible for any changes to be made to the domain (including expiration and other transfer requests) until the "losing" registry accepts or declines the transfer. They have 5 days to do this.
So GoDaddy told the registry who told eNom. I see why they give them 5 days, but I don't see why eNom would take more. I'm hoping they take care of this quickly. (essentially all they have to do is check with the admin contact and await confirmation. after that, they just tell GoDaddy and the registry they accept)

PS: They unlocked it 2005-09-27T17:45:35
PS: eNom still gives iPaska reseller power over my domain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home