2005-09-30

this sheds some light; RESOLUTION

I'm not with Digital Brand Management, but this info applies universally, and the source, Verisign, is credible:

The biggest change to the policy is in the approvals required to transfer a domain name. The gaining registrar must receive authorization from the registrant or administrative contact prior to initiating a transfer request. Once a request is initiated, the losing registrar must send an approval notice to the registrant or administrative contact within 24 hours of receiving notification that there is a request to transfer the domain name. The losing registrar can only deny a transfer request if the registrant or administrative contact requests it to be denied, or for one of the other reasons specified by ICANN. This must be communicated to the potential gaining registrar and the end user.

So eNom didn't contact me (or perhaps they did, but I didn't get it), but they definetely should have. The good news is that it will be transferred on Wednesday. If I don't get that e-mail tommorrow, I'll ask eNom to (re)send it to me.

PS: Here's the reasons (from the same page) why eNom could deny it:
* Domain name was already locked
* Registered for less than 60 days
* Transferred to new registrar within the last 60 days
* Express objection from the administrative contact or registrant within the 5-day time frame
* Non-payment for a previous term
* Reasonable dispute over the identity of administrative contact or registrant
* Court Order
* UDRP action
* Evidence of fraud

I don't qualify for any of those.

PS: Oh wait, now i think I understand. Transfers ALWAYS take at least 5 days, because there is no option to "accept" it when the losing registrar notifies you. (You approve on the gaining side and deny on the losing side.) So it makes no difference whether eNom e-mails me. It will transfer on wednesday (that's why godaddy says 5-7 buisness days. it takes 5 to approve transfer by default and then i guess extra 2 for something else) I got definitive proof of ths theory from straight from ICANN: auth (what the godaddy e-mail looks like) conf (what the enom e-mail should look like)

BOTTOM LINE: I definetely should have recieved an e-mail from eNom by now, but it is possible that it was lost in the mail and not their fault. This doesn't matter unless I decide to cancel the transfer. Otherwise, the transfer will commence in 5 days. (just as GoDaddy says, but their wording is confusing: they say Pending Current Registrar Approval, when they are realy just waiting for the 5 days to end) There is no way to speed this process up. The bad news is that downtime will extend well into next week (I was hoping to be done with this by the weekend.), but at least this means I don't need to worry about a thing until wednesday. By then, I will be certian of my webhosting plan and hopefully everything will go smoothly from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home